Friday, January 16, 2009

We Three Girls

by Mary Hawk


Today, Heather, Mary and I got together to talk art. I also I got to preview Heather's work last night while at her house, and thought it might be nice to give a glimpse of what's to come at our little show. As far as I know, it will be on Friday the 13th--spooky sweet. I'm so inspired by their work. Each of our styles are different, but we all gravitate toward color, so our paintings go well with one another.

If I might (admittedly) speak on behalf of Heather in regards to her painting [shown below], not everyone could see the Jesus that had appeared within the creation of her painting [as she had blogged about last week], so she enhanced it just a little--can you tell? I mean really, do you see anything? We're not sure. I kind of see something, but...

As for mine, if you are at all (imaginary blogdiance) interested in the hidden treasure within my painting, the bird is fashioned out of a recipe for hand knit gloves from a 1962 book for girls.

The titles are a secret today, you'll just have to come and see.

by Heather Jarvis


by jennifer culp


(jen)

*El sueno de Merida.

No comments: