Saturday, January 10, 2009

From Philly love to fluky features.

works in progress preview, by jen 2009

So I thought I'd say a little something while I have a quick minute. Last night I took a painting break to scope some of my favorite artist's websites and see what they're up to; one of the places I visited was http://www.philadelphonic.com--home/ --home of G. Love (+ his special sauce and music). I was surprised to see his post about cookie love, including his family Christmas cookie recipe. If you go check it out, make sure to listen to Superhero Brother and also the featured video--he throws it down--just he, his guitar and harmonica (nice). If you really dig him like I do, then it's worth at least hanging into the video feature long enough to hear Beautiful, featuring Tristan Prettyman.


As for the paintings, if you think they look chaotic and unrelated, it's not you, it's true. Heather, Mary, and I were talking about how our upcoming show has no theme, but we decided no theme is a theme...random, fluky. As pointed out by Mary (Hawk), it's remarkable we're able to paint and show at all with the demanding lives we all hold, so our jumbled themed gathering of paintings will be very representational of our lives.


(jen)








No comments: