Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Divine Inspiration




After pondering my inspiration, and well, lack thereof, I decided to paint through my creative block in hopes of pulling together something, or even just to exercise my creative muscles.


So I decided to paint a simple rose just to get my artistic muscle juices flowing. After much creative frustration, I walked away to clean my brushes and noticed from afar that the flower had a face!!... and not just any face!! HA! I just accidentally painted Jesus!!! So I went with it and even made it more obvious (although I don't think it's finished yet, I'm almost afraid to alter it too much, I hate to mess with some divine intervention or something).

I finally had my inspiration... literally staring me in the face.

As soon as my 7 year old daughter saw it she immediately pointed out, "hey there's that guy in your flower"... my 14 year old son didn't notice (believe it or not!) until I strongly hinted... when he finally discovered it he asked, "is it dad?"... yeah we're not particularly religious, which is why I think this painting is so ironic.



I ran with it and decided to try to put Mary in my other flowers, but discovered it was much harder to do when you are trying to make it happen. I think I'll at least try to tackle Jesus in a tortilla or something... or maybe green eggs and ham. I'll keep you posted.

(Heather)













2 comments:

j'oak said...

Nice Heather. I love the direction you are going (or being guided in). Can't wait to see this in person.

+ Better hang onto this one, we could probably sell it on ebay.

--your partner, in paint and crime, jen.

Payne Family said...

Heather you are so funny! That is hilarious! Keep up the good work!