Sunday, January 4, 2009

Speaking of Skulls...

lil cabeza 2008

Just for fun, and to emphasize how Heather and I are somehow on the same artistic page, I thought I'd feature a picture of the crochet friend I gave to Heather as a Christmas gift. We did a white elephant-type gift exchange (hand-made/re-purposed/or under $5); thankfully I did not receive the dog fur pillow. Heather at least likes me enough not to give it to me, or maybe she's just waiting for my birthday?

As for this skull, unlike Heather's sparkly sugar skulls--it's edible (yarn, poly stuffing, faux suede, and a rhinestone [lots of fiber]).

Also, Heather and I would like to give a little love to the theatrical art of Jet City Improv (http://www.jetcityimprov.com/). We spent New Year's Eve at the University Theater, watching improv comedy, mingling, and dancing--those at Jet City Improv are talented, funny [and tolerant].

That's that for today.

(jen)

+ oh, and our last post did actually include words directly typed by Heather---we really were together, and I actually wasn't speaking on behalf of her (otherwise "she" would have said something much more embarrassing).


No comments: