Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Finally, my new grey friend.

3 little birds too by jen 2009

Today I finally type from my new (well, new to me) computer, thanks to my mom--thanks mom. I'm so thrilled with the endless possibilities of a fresh computer; the googling, the printing, the non-missing keys, the updated software, the space to be filled with images from my camera, the history that belongs solely to me, the documents to be written, the spreadsheets to be spread (or whatever you do with spreadsheets). Oh I'm so happy. I even cleared off my desk and dusted just for the momentous occasion of introducing this new little grey friend into my life.

Besides my new technology, I've been quite busy madly (or happily) painting, as have Mary and Heather. I love how creativity grows when creating. Sometimes it just takes the act of doing to channel in the brilliance, other times it takes a quiet moment to let the brilliance whisper to you. I've had both types of inspiration so far this week and I'm appreciative of any.

I decided to give 1 link that doesn't stink today. It's a link to a shining illustrator named Celia Marie Baker. I saw her at a farmer's market a few years back, looked her up and came across her website http://celiamariebaker.com/. The link to her blog is equally as great and features some handmade books she created for family. Really nice.

*One more little thing to note--I think on an artistic note--and maybe you don't care, really. I thought I might take a moment to explain my heavy use of parenthesis, semi-colons, commas, hyphens, brackets, and asterisks. Maybe you think to yourself, why does jen use so many parenthesis ?(or whatever else you may have noticed)--much in the same way I notice people who are heavy with the exclamation mark. The answer is this...I am a visual writer, I mean my writing has to be visually interesting, with lines and dots and stars and spaces (oh and italics). My thought is this: who wants to read a bunch of veranda type words all scrunched together without any variation? Not me. So if it's distracting (like heavy exclamation users are to me), then I apologize.*

*one last thing--I think I've also illustrated, you're never too old for your mom.

(jen)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay new computers! Aren't they the BEST?!?!?! (was that annoying enough??? OKay I'll stop for real.)

I need more creative brilliance moments like that. I did, however, have two last night. It's been months since I've done anything beside knitting, and I'm very happy about it.

Have fun painting!

Heather Jarvis said...

Hey rad,
You said you did something beside knitting, but what? I guess I'll have to zip over to your blog to check it out.

*Also, I think I should publicly thank Heather (and the Jarvis family) for allowing me to borrow their computer until I got mine. Thank you Heather.

-jen