Thursday, April 2, 2009

just working out some issues

a different kind of bird 2009 by jennifer culp

The past couple of days I've been adding paintings to my shop that are markers to issues I may have--one being the unexplainable problem I have with naked lady mud-flaps. I'm not sure what my deal is, but when I see them, I'm automatically ticked off. I guess I decided to take the naked lady back, back away from the guy who feels he has to advertise his love for naked ladies, and instead feature her as a work of art.
I also started creating some little bird paintings that are meant to be inspirational pieces, but for the derelict minded (like Heather and me). They were actually inspired by a little porcelain bird I gave to Heather for her birthday one year. It was beautiful and said something like "generous" on it's belly. These little pieces I'm creating are a little more realistic for girls like we, with one stating, eat dirt.

That's that. Gotta get back to work; our show is like a week away.

(jen)

No comments: