Tuesday, March 31, 2009

MMM... Good!


I just finished this one last night. I am actually going to do two for our upcoming show... I'm thinking the next soup may be Charlie Noodle... but let me know if you have any other clever soup names. It was that or Bob with Barley, or maybe Cream of Marsha? Not sure just yet.


I actually created this because I wanted something to hang in my freshly painted kitchen and I love the classic Andy Warhol Soup cans, but wanted to give it my own flair. I remembered the time my daughter Stella misread a soup can as Cannibals and it cemented the idea. She often adds extra letters to names (like McDonGalds). After studying a can I changed condensed to condemned... how perfect!


Now I'm off to sketch out my next project. I want to take a day off of Cannibalism so I'm moving on to a portrait of my friend's dead dog... I'll post pics when I'm done. :)


Happy Tuesday!


~Heather


3 comments:

Heather Jarvis said...

Dang girl! That's so awesome. I love it. I want one of those and an "I will be good".

So awesome, I can't stop smiling.

-jen

Anonymous said...

Clever! Maybe Classic Tom instead of Classic Tomato? Ben with Bacon? Chicken AlphaBeth? Chucken Noodle? or Cream of Chuck? Can't wait to see them.

LuckyRedHen said...

One word...


GENIUS!