Friday, March 6, 2009

a little heads-up

by jennifer culp 2009

I just wanted to give a little heads-up about my next show. I'll be at Resident Cheesemonger participating in the March Edmond's Artwalk, Thursday March 19th 5-8pm. A detailed map and list of the evening's events can be found at http://www.manyaveeselects.com/.
I'm pleased to be stationed at this location for a couple of reasons:
1. It's right in the heart of the Artwalk.
2. I've enjoyed some of my favorite artists at Resident Cheesemonger as a looky-loo during past walks. In fact one time, my oldest daughter and I decided go to the artwalk, and when visiting the Resident Cheesemonger she held her nose the entire time, which was a little embarrassing since I was having a pretty meaningful conversation with an artist I admire.

*on another note, it was the same night I witnessed my daughter get cat-called by a jerk in a big truck. He yelled out as he drove by, "are those jeans painted on?"--referring to my daughter's "skinny jeans" (teenage must-have). And I'm sure from afar she looked like an adult, but she's my girl, and it really ticked me off. I was about ready to drop my purse and chase his truck down and kick him in his naked lady mud-flaps. But instead, I turned to my daughter and congratulated her on her cat-call initiation, and explained she's becoming a woman.

Anyway, come and see my work in person; much of it will be new, and please, no cat-calls--it's a pet peeve of mine (punny).

(jen)

No comments: