Friday, March 27, 2009

A plea to the sun and 3 links

by Heather Jarvis 2009

First I want to begin with a plea to the sun.
Please come out, we could use some vitamin D here in the Northwest. Cozy days of drizzle and naps are becoming tired.

*On to business, the 3 links this week are as follows:

1. Scooter Pop--featuring our photographer friend Scooter Lowrimore, and in his premier post he advises readers on how they too can become a spy in less than 2 hours.

2. Simply Supper--a blog by Laura Prothero, who also happens to be a writer. Her recipes, photos, and words come together so nicely, it almost (almost) makes me want to cook.

3. Willow Bader Artist--art by Willow Bader. I happened upon her when looking at the map from the Edmond's Artwalk that I participated in last week. When reading through the names and descriptions, I thought her name seemed lyrical and that was enough to make me want to look her up. Her drawings are my personal favorite, yet her encaustic tango pieces are entrancing.

These are three that are inspiring to me today, making me laugh, sit up straight (as all impressive art work does), and want to want to cook.

(jen)

No comments: