Monday, April 6, 2009

Bill and a Block Party

forget me not by Heather Jarvis 2009

So here is my latest labor of love.

I painted it for my good friends Scooter and Tim (also the owners of my 'Bart' portrait) who lost little Bart's companion Bill suddenly this year. Before Bill's passing I had already decided to paint Bart because I loved the picture of him running into the frame, but once we learned of Bill's death I knew I had to paint Bill as well.

I found a great picture of him standing in their yard looking back over his shoulder (do dogs have shoulders?) and I thought it would make a great portrait. I have it hanging in my dining room and the more I look at it the more attached I get to it... it will be hard to part with, but I really hope they like it. It will be part of our next show this Friday at Naked City Taphouse so they'll have to wait a month to get it.
By the way, I just learned (by accident really) that our show going to not only be part of the Greenwood/Phinney Art up/Open up art walk, but also part of the Seattle Summer Street Party!! It's a party - a twenty-two block street party from 6 to 9 p.m. Greenwood Avenue N is being opened up from N 65th to N 87th Street so that pedestrians and bicyclists can come out to play and explore local businesses, check out great art, and party! It's going to be fun!

You can download a map of the art walk at: http://www.artupgreenwood-phinney.blogspot.com/

And more details about block party here: http://www.seattlecan.org/summerstreets/greenwood.html

Hope to see you all there!

Chow!
(Heather)

1 comment:

LuckyRedHen said...

Cool painting technique. It turned out FANTASTIC! Well done :)