Saturday, February 28, 2009

in the creative thick of it

curious feather by jennifer culp 2009

This was a particularly crazy creatively prolific week for me. It began last Sunday with helping along the completion of Heather's mural design, then a poster with my son for cubscouts, then a model of the Titanic with my son (for school), then the table for an auction with Heather, then a decorative cake with my son for cubscouts (that would have been cooler if I hadn't run out of black gel frosting--and if you're thinking ewe, black gel frosting, I agree, but I thought it would manly up the cake), then finishing and creating a couple of paintings to ship out and/or list in my etsy shop (not to mention working and other motherly duties). Yes. I was exhausted, but today is a new day. The sun is shining and I'm ready to paint.

I did want to feature a couple of paintings on our blog that may not be seen otherwise, because yesterday I shipped out 12 of my 6"x6" pieces and 4 of my 10"x10" paintings to Florida. They are going to The Studio Gallery of Grayton Beach (http://www.studiogallery30a.com/), and I'm thrilled that at least my art gets to travel. If you missed the 6"x 6" pieces I grabbed from my etsy shop, I'm sorry, but here are a few other pieces (below) that you can view, although they are now happily on their way southeast. I also included a picture of Desmond's (my son) Titanic, because we're proud (and not just because we crammed it in one day when we had a whole month+ to work on it [don't tell his teacher]).

our Titanic (mixed media--foam sculpture, paper mache, BBQ skewers, legos, paper, wire, cardboard, paint, aluminum foil, wax paper)


behind the curious birds mixed media by jennifer culp 2009


loosely connected mixed media by jennifer culp 2009


tiny tim bird mixed media by jennifer culp 2009

(jen)

No comments: