Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm so lucky.

by Mary Hawk

I'm so lucky, for many reasons really, but today because I'm surrounded by some fabulous art. Mary dropped off her art at my house yesterday, in preparation of our upcoming show. We were originally going to house the art at Heather's, because she is closest to our venue, but for several reasons we decided my house would be more suited to keep it safe.
*A couple of reasons:
1. I have a large studio space that can hold lots of work.
2. (This is my personal opinion) The art may be safer at my house, due to the budding artist miss Scarlett--Heather's 2 year old, who, if you've read our blog in the past, is notorious for "enhancing" others' artwork.

So anyway, the art will remain here until Friday--Heather's is coming tomorrow. In the meantime, I get to enjoy some really
nice work. The photo of Mary's four piece flower above is a painting that hangs in her office, adding to the tranquil environment in which she works. I actually included it in a paper I wrote about her for my abnormal psych class [the paper was not about her being abnormal; it was about her methods as a therapist].
I would share more, but I want to leave some mystique for our reception on Friday.
(jen)

No comments: