Monday, November 10, 2008

Hello, is anybody there? Hello? Hello?

hang up and try your call again 2006

So since my technical difficulties, I don't have any images to draw from (clean computer and all), so I thought I'd go through some discs to find images that would be important enough to keep in my files. As I did this I realized this is a good time to make a clean break and move on. It's been hard to be creatively prolific, due to life's happenings getting in the way (and I think I can make this statement on behalf of both Heather and I), but this is all the more reason to put down the books, set aside the dishes, tell the kids to fend for themselves [just kidding/ kind of] and simply create.

In the mean time, I posted this older mixed media/brown paper piece that actually ends up looking like Heather (the eyes).

*Posting an older piece makes me feel a little lame, because I know I haven't done anything in a few weeks--makes me feel a bit like an online dater that posts a really old picture.

(jen)

1 comment:

LuckyRedHen said...

i love all the colors in this piece (it's art decco-y)