Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Favorite Mural & *new links*



This is a photo of a mural Heather and I recently did for a nursery. I was the photographer that day, so I apologize for the quality of the photo (but I'm not entirely to blame, it was also a gloomy rainy Seattle day, so I was working with limited light source). This work is designed by Heather and painted by me--a circus theme--which is actually a running joke with us. Heather loves circus themes; I think the fact she keeps suggesting them to clients helps her work through her deep seeded fear of clowns (notice no clowns?). We've both painted children's furniture in the past, and Heather was fortunate enough to be able to paint her walls while growing up, so that may have something to do with most of our murals being children's themes. We do occasional "grown up" designs, but mostly gravitate toward children's projects...they are the most fun clients to gain inspiration from.

As for this week's three links that don't stink:

20/20 Vision--Burien Arts Association art show, so this one is for the Seattle locals. *please note the $40*

Pierre Riche--cool sculptor.

Mo Willems--super funny author/illustrator. I actually once went to his book signing (Knuffle Bunny Too), while my kids were in school. I think I may have been the only grown up unaccompanied by a child, but it was worth it--he's so entertaining. *check out Pigeon Presents* and play hot dog dress up & Elephant and Piggie Dance Game


(jen)

No comments: