Sunday, December 21, 2008

Worst (or possibly the best??) White Elephant EVER!!


Heather again here. I had to share!
I went to this fabulous white elephant party last weekend and was most impressed with the thought, time and creativity that went into each gift. I however, pulled mine together from what I had in my garage (which is FULL of "treasures") 20 minutes before I had to leave, the paint wasn't even dry on one of my gifts when I shoved it into the box... what can I say, I work better under pressure, adrenaline is my friend.

So we draw numbers and karma pulled through against me. I was next to last, which is the worst to draw since the last number gets to see everything opened and steal accordingly. As I grabbed the large (very last) gift under the tree I saw the gifter grimace with pity... which of course only peaked my morbid curiosity, plus I am always a sucker for anything wrapped.

As I pulled out the large hairy (yes... hairy) pillow I ran my fingers across it trying to figure out what kind of yetty died in vain for this horrible decorative accent. Then I noticed the tag with a picture of a sullen dog.... eew! This pillow was covered (as in glued) with the brushed off sheddings of what must have been a year long collection of dog hair... very clever, and still very stuck to the velour pants I was wearing.

I would re-gift it next year but I'm afraid I'll be blacklisted, and pretty sure it may start to smell by then. Maybe I'll just tack it to the wall for our art show, like a funky avant-garde modern piece.

I wonder how much I could get for it.

No comments: