Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Artwalk and "See What Happens" Update

Jennifer (me) will again participate in the Edmond's Artwalk, on September 18, 5-8pm. This time I will be at John L. Scott; I've shown here before, and I like this particular location for a few reasons:
1. they appreciate art and have a nice collection themselves
2. they are a large cool open space to show
3. they have great appetizers (catered last time)
If you have not been to the Edmond's Artwalk, I encourage you to go. The link to the map for the evening's events: http://www.manyaveeselects.com/artwalk/artwalk.htm.
I researched a few of the artists to see who's going to be there, and I found one in particular whose work I really like. Her name is Jennifer Lommers, http://www.jenniferlommers.com/Gallery.html, and her site is worth looking into. It's the only drawback to participating, missing the opportunity to see the work of everyone else.
If you're in the area, come see me and say hi.

And now for an update on a recent painting, and thoughts regarding the life of art:
I recently blogged about a painting I finished (three robins and remained untitled). I felt ill at ease with it, so before I sealed it I decided to change directions. One day last week, I was having a terrible, non creative, no patience, no imagination toward the future end result to pieces I was working on day, and days like those seem to throw my whole world upside down. If there are any other artists out there reading this post, does this happen to you too? Anyway, I did what I always try to do in this scenario, I walked away (although it was several hours later than I should have; maybe it wouldn't have troubled me so much had I walked away sooner). So a couple of days later I went back. I turned my painting into a mixed media piece, using vintage cookbook recipes to fashion the birds, and finally I call it finished--cook book birds.


One last note, if any of you are wondering where Heather is, I can assure you all is well. She's busy with family and such, and I'm hopeful she'll chime in soon; I appreciate her creative perspective.

(jennifer)

1 comment:

LuckyRedHen said...

I lovelovelove Cookbook Birds (and hear many others do too). The little poodle piece is so cute and tiny enough to fit anywhere! It'd be fun sitting on a shelf.