Friday, August 29, 2008

Recycled and Vintage Gift Wrap Embellishment Packages


I thought I'd create a little post about one of my latest listings on Etsy.com. I am a collector of vintage things--papers, postcards, sheet music, art, toys, etc.--and I also love hanging on to bits that I feel I can use again later. Instead of just collecting these things, I thought it might be a good idea to share (sharing is caring, my kids sometimes say; but they also are known to say things like, "I don't like sharing," but that's another story). Anyway, I created small gift wrap embellishment packages that have a few things that can be added to any simply wrapped gift to give it artistic personality and cause it to stand out among other gifts, which is sometimes important when the budget is tight--the gift may be small, but the packaging can show the thought [that counts]. The photo shows 3 simply wrapped gifts, one being a plain cardboard box, and how they can come to life with a little recycled love. The packages I've created to share are meant to be a convenience to people without time to gather. I hope I've at least inspired.

(jen)

No comments: