Monday, May 11, 2009

Where it's at--love.



My kids and I went on a walk Saturday morning. The sun was shining (rare), and I knew I would be busy painting, so I thought I should take the opportunity to go on a walk before I became too wrapped up in my work. My kids--with their keen eyes always looking for treasures--found this little heart. Not to be a cornball, but it seems like this little bit of nature is a reminder that love is everywhere. We were so lucky to find this treasure, and even more particularly special to our family is the fact that this heart is made out of "parties". Later in the season, my kids and I like to pull these very treasures off the trees once they've dried out and crush them between our fingers over each other's heads. They crumble into a shimmer and fall like confetti--hence the name "parties".
Nice little story. Hard to believe it was a yell fest in our house about 5 minutes ago (that's love for you).

(jen)

No comments: