Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sister Eugena, my new treasure.


I'm totally diggin using vintage and tacky frames for new little art pieces I've been selling in my etsy shop lately. I buy them at the thriftstore, disassemble them, clean them, spruce them up, add my art, and put them back together.
I recently took apart a vintage frame that had some charming mini art in it. It looked to be some sort of ethnic collage, out of grass (?), featuring a bird on a branch [sounds familiar]. When I pulled the art out of the frame, behind it was a hidden photograph (the one featured above). I feel so lucky. This picture is exactly something I would purchase at an antique store, although I don't ever recall coming across a photo like this before. My friend Jodi suggested I should name her Sister Eugena, so now Sister Eugena is among family photos and other visual treasures in a collage in my living room.
I'm so lucky.

(jen)

*oh, and if you want to see the finished little mixed media art piece I created from Sister E's original frame, check: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24731490.

No comments: