Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Turned the Mother Out

foxy funk disco cds created by jen for book club friends

So book club was a smashing success this past weekend. Our meetings are generally themed in food and whatever else according to the literary choice, and this time round' it was Tim's choice of Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City. Disco, costumes (good sports Mary, Jonas & Scooter [of course]), and fondue (and some fon-don't when Scooter thought the bread would turn out yummy/crispy after several minutes soaking in the broth???).
We also watched the first chapter of the mini-series, as well as danced the night away while the disco ball spun overhead.
As a special treat, I thought it fun to create cds of hand picked disco funk songs--in which I like to call foxy funk disco. It seems I was not the only book club member with the idea to bring a gift...Jason brought the chocolate bars pictured below. They feature my friend Van Gogh (and his art) and come from Amsterdam. They are a throw back to the book I chose for book club, Irving Stone's Lust for Life, which happens to be one of my top 5 books ever (so far)--and I know my friend Jason loves it too.
I'd like to give a special shout out to my friends: Keith--who does a mean sprinkler, Jodi--hoola hoopin with a bumb to it, Mary--mariposa of the disco, Jonas--a great swirly twirly leader, Tim-- the front car in our roller coaster [of love], Scooter--dj extraordinaire, Jason--with his John Travolta moves, and of course my friend Heather--dancing queen.


hand-made cd sleeves from 1970s Ice Capade program paper


the lovely chocolate bars Jason brought back for us

(jen)

No comments: