Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Back to life

pussy willows 2010 by jennifer culp

So I took a few days off to try and get some outstanding things accomplished...and well, I can at least say I finished the piece above. Today. On my last day of vacation.
It's meant to hang in a bedroom over the head board, and I'm hoping the recipients will be pleased.--Oh and by the way, it pains me to see the quality of photo I've posted here; crooked, bad lighting, far away, with another piece of art peeking out from behind the left piece, but I at least wanted to post it--proving I've done something.

Also, today marks a life changing day, the day I gave up TV. Yes, today I turned in my digital cable box, which means no TV. I have no profound reason for doing it, I just feel no TV will help facilitate living a creative life. BUT, I anticipate this to be a difficult change. You see, TV & me go way back. We're best friends. TV's always there for me, early in the morning, late at night, and never talks back. But, TV is a bit like the attractive bad boyfriend--looks good, but isn't necessarily good for you. So farewell TV.

jen

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, Jen--these are GORGEOUS. I haven't been by in awhile, but I look at forest bird everyday and am grateful for its calm in the chaos of an everyday life. All the very best to you.

Heather Jarvis said...

Thanks Laura.
So nice to hear from you! Hope you are well, and I appreciate the kind words about forest bird.
I'll have to pop over to your blog and see what beautiful words you're crafting.
Take care,
jen