Monday, August 24, 2009

3...such a nice number

So tonight we placed some art at Mode Organic Salon (on Roosevelt) in Seattle, and it went efficiently well thanks to my friends Heather and Angela. [3 is such a nice number]
Mode is a cozy organic establishment, and when I first visited to scope it out, I was inspired to create something specific for its environment.
Images that came to mind during inspiration:
delicate
muted colors
whispers
branches
paper
history
...and I think judging by these photos, my original idea came to life, which is fairly remarkable considering that doesn't happen too often [inspiration translating into something tangible without losing original integrity or evolving into something completely different]. I imagine I'm not alone in that?
Anyway, it's another one of those moments that when I step back and feel as if it came together on its own accord with me as the mere conduit.

This work will hang at Mode for about 2 months, so feel free to pop in and check it.
6317 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle

(jen)

No comments: