Saturday, October 25, 2008

Art and Function




I created these card holders for a few reasons:
*first, I was inspired by a gas card that wouldn't play nice with the other cards in my card holder, so I had to segregate it from the others so the swipey strip would continue to work.
*second, I think it's more fun to have something unusual to hold business cards (especially as an artist).
*third, I appreciate re-purposed/handmade, and assume others do too.
*fourth, I think this is a cool way to present a gift card.
These little works of art are fashioned out of vintage paper (with clear contact overlay for protection), yarn, and velcro (basically). Anyway, here's my little latest inspired endeavor.
(jen)

1 comment:

Payne Family said...

Can you say "stocking stuffers"??? Cute idea, especially for people like me who cannot find anything in her purse!
Jen